It's time to take things up a level!
When you need more space to accommodate your growing family or home business, it’s time to take things up a level! A loft conversion or roof extension is a surprisingly easy way to expand the space in your home. With Plan Masters at the helm of your loft conversion project, you can be sure of an attractive, functional design and a seamless experience from start to completion.
We are professional, reliable and highly-skilled architects in Ilford with a passion for transforming homes. Our designs are drawn up to suit our clients’ changing needs and their desires to live in a stylish, practical home. We can turn your unused loft space into a beautiful bedroom, a serviceable study or a useful storage room – whatever you need or dream of! It all starts with a phone call, so get in touch to discuss your project.
Important points to think about before undertaking a Loft Conversion
– Living Arrangements: While remaining at home during the work is a convenient and cost-saving option, be aware that it can impact slightly on the headroom of the new loft space. You may also find the construction noise and mess quite challenging to live with, though of course, your contractors will work to minimise any disruption.
– Roof Construction: The construction of the roof majorly impacts on the temperature inside the new loft room. We’ll use the correct insulation to help prevent the room from overheating in summer and chilling or freezing in winter.
– Ventilation: Functional, opening windows will be factored into the design to provide ventilation for hot air and help move cool air up through the house. After all, your loft room needs to be comfortable for you to enjoy using it!
– The Stairs: The new stairs should match the original form and size for both aesthetic and practical reasons. They must also allow for unhindered access to the new loft space. We will advise and design accordingly, taking into consideration the layout of your existing rooms and the new space.
– Pipes and Cables: Nobody wants a messy tangle of pipes and cables that could make future problems difficult to rectify. We design every loft conversion with the aim of keeping all services easily accessible. If you have any concerns regarding future access to your home’s service pipes, our team will be happy to help.
– Long-Term Maintenance: Accessibility, usability and comfort are all considered in our designs. We’re the experts in designing loft conversions that add value to your home, both now and in the future. Our goal is to create a workable, versatile and attractive space you can enjoy for years to come!
How will your completed Loft Conversion look?
It’s important that any new addition to your home looks natural. Your loft conversion should appear to be part of the original structure and not something that was “tacked on” at a later date. Rest assured we have the necessary experience and a strong eye for detail. We’ll design something that’s exciting and visually appealing but also practical and sympathetic to the original style of your house.
To ensure your loft conversion project is successful, we’ll consider any potential planning constraints and the specifics of the structural engineering works. We’ll also think about the building materials and methods and the future maintenance of the space. Safety is our number one priority on every building project, so we’re careful to balance aesthetic design with essential technical details.
Is planning permission required?
Nowadays, most houses have permitted development rights, so it’s unlikely you’ll need planning permission for your loft conversion or roof extension. We’ll advise you accordingly and help you understand what’s permitted under Planning and Permitted Development Rights. We’ll apply on your behalf for your Lawful Development Certificate; when your design is finalised, we’ll prepare the drawings to submit to your local planning authority.
Why choose Plan Masters for your Loft Conversion?
We know you’ve poured your hopes and dreams into the design brief for your loft conversion. After all, home is where the heart is – so you want your house to reflect your loves and serve your needs.
When you hire us to undertake your loft conversion or extension project, we’ll take time to study your brief and advise you on its suitability. We’ll consider any potential pitfalls in terms of planning consent, work to find a realistic solution for your budget and, above all, create something wonderful that works for you.
Giving you superior service
We provide a high standard of service from the technical to the artistic aspects. We take a flexible approach to design and have the skills to work with both contemporary and period properties. Your loft conversion should seamlessly integrate with your existing structure; we have the knowledge to make that happen and the creative flair to make an impression.
Getting the green light for your project
We’ll be sure to check your local planning policies to secure the best chance of your development being approved. We’ve completed countless successful loft conversion projects across London and keep up-to-date with the latest regulations.
If your development is taking place in a borough we haven’t previously worked in, we’ll study the local policies to prevent any issues. With Plan Masters, your loft conversion or roof extension is in good hands!
Ready to take your home to new heights?
Get in touch with the professionals at Plan Masters! We’ll review your enquiry for suitability, free of charge. We provide free quotes and can arrange a free office consultation if we believe your project to be actionable. Contact us to discuss your goals for a brand new and beautiful loft space.